JOB DESCRIPTION *
Our Global Engineering Client is seeking a Senior Director of Business Development Gulf Coast
to provide strategic and collaborative leadership (lead a team) for the Petrochemical and Refining industry market. This position has responsibilities for Sales associated with Turnaround, Maintenance and Small Projects ($35MM) for the Services Organization. This role will be responsible for the strategic development of client relationships leading to project awards that will support our goals. The Senior Director, Business Development reports to the VP Growth and Customer Development Services Group, and will direct business development for petrochemical and refining industry clients. The position requires direct customer engagement and execution of the complete sales process (prospect through closing) for a broad range of services. The role also includes customer relationship management and account planning responsibilities. This position offices in Houston, TX
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four- year accredited college or university
- 10 years' successful, relevant business experience is required, including at least five years of experience in business development, project development and/or relevant commercial experience
- General knowledge of the petrochemical and refining industry is required
- Ideal candidate has established relationships with senior client contacts in our target market and with our target clients, as well as with major equipment suppliers
- Commercial knowledge with contracts and contract negotiation experience is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, transparent, teamwork-based culture
- Must be capable of frequent travel and working away from the office (80% day travel)
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients and suppliers at external events and building good rapport and professional relationships
- Strong personal computing skills with common office software are required
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Will work in a general office environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Senior Director of Business Development Gulf Coast
position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Our client is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.