25 Year History of Zachry in Louisiana
With over 1,600 employees currently active in Louisiana communities, Zachry Group (Zachry) has had a continuous presence in Louisiana for the last 25 years. Below you will find highlights of our current presence, employees, and our ongoing community investment.
Overall Philosophy of Community Investment Philanthropy.
Zachry offers meaningful work in an environment that brings out the best in people.
Part of meaningful work is the opportunities for our employees to impact the communities where they live and work in by investing time, skills and resources
Zachry has a long history of investing in our communities – it is a part of the culture that extends back over 90 years. Our overall goal is to ensure that each community in which we live and work becomes a better place after we arrive.
Community Investment (volunteering) is administered through Zachry Care Teams. Care Teams are established at job sites and offices in all Zachry locations. Care Teams create opportunities for employees to engage/volunteer in their local communities. The Care Team will evaluate the needs of their local community and the interests of their employees to determine meaningful projects that make lasting impacts.
Our Care Teams across Louisiana engage with various non-profits including:
∙ Junior Achievement
∙ Special Olympics
∙ St. Charles Parish Hospital
∙ Ascension Parish Schools Foundation
∙ Toys for Tots
∙ Local Food Pantries
JOB DESCRIPTION *
Zachry Group is seeking a Director of Business Development
to provide strategic and collaborative leadership (lead a team) for the Petrochemical and Refining industry market. This position has responsibilities for Sales associated with Turnaround, Maintenance and Small Projects for the Services Organization. This role will be responsible for the strategic development of client relationships leading to project awards that will support Zachry Group’s long term goals. The Director, Business Development reports to the VP Growth and Customer Development Services Group, and will direct business development for petrochemical and refining industry clients. The position requires direct customer engagement and execution of the complete sales process (prospect through closing) for a broad range of services. The role also includes customer relationship management and account planning responsibilities. This position offices in Geismar, LA.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four- year accredited college or university
- 10 years' successful, relevant business experience is required, including at least five years of experience in business development, project development and/or relevant commercial experience
- General knowledge of the petrochemical and refining industry is required
- Ideal candidate has established relationships with senior client contacts in our target market and with our target clients, as well as with major equipment suppliers
- Commercial knowledge with contracts and contract negotiation experience is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills are required
- Comfortable working in a collaborative, transparent, teamwork-based culture
- Must be capable of frequent travel and working away from the office (80% day travel)
- Must be comfortable interacting with clients and suppliers at external events and building good rapport and professional relationships
- Strong personal computing skills with common office software are required
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Will work in a general office environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Director of Business Development
position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.