Exploration Leader (High Potential)
We are a highly successful Energy 27, Fortune 500 E&P Corporation seeking a High Potential Exploration Leader who will be responsible for leading a team of (19+ professionals) geologist, geophysicist, petrophysicst and technical support professionals charged with the execution on the vision, strategy and plan designed for this (US onshore 750,000 ac Asset) Exploration Team.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Understand and articulate the vision, strategy and plan of the exploration team to conduct detailed prospect analysis and play fairway assessments plus the generation and presentation of prospect ideas and leads to management.
- Contribute to the vision, strategy, and plan via individual and team ideas, concepts, and experiences.
- Develop project plans with deliverables and milestones for the team.
- Track progress and give constructive feedback to the team and ensure the plan is executed.
- Provide technical assurance of geological work from team and give direction and education where needed.
- Generate and update maps, logs, cross-sections and corporate databases with new tops, correlations, shows and other pertinent geological data.
- Develop regional, multi-county stratigraphic framework and subsurface correlations.
- Create, generate, manage and present sound, high-quality geologic interpretations and new drilling opportunities to Management.
- Interact with Reservoir, Production, Drilling and Completion Engineers providing interpreted well logs, cross-sections and maps for volumetric, problem wells, drilling risks and recommended completion intervals.
- Coordinate well logging and coring activities.
- Extremely organized individual with the capacity to plan, prioritize, and complete multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to communicate technical data through the preparation and presentation of clear, concise and persuasive oral/written opinions, reports and presentations.
- Successful track record generating prospects and finding hydrocarbons.
- Understanding of play analysis including reserves, economics, and risk assessment. Capacity to weigh all factors and identify risks.
- Experience in horizontal drilling and well operations.
- Resource play experience required.
- Geologic workstation experience, GeoGraphix and SMT experience strongly preferred.
- Some working experience with geophysics, risk evaluation, sequence stratigraphy, and basic reservoir engineering.
- Strategic thinker with ability to introduce innovative and sound solutions adding the most value to the company
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Supervise a team of Geologists, Geophysicists, Petrophysicists, and Technicians.
- Manage Geological interns and college hires to ensure that mentors and projects are coordinated.
- May require travel to field operations or other offices based on business needs.
- M.S. in Geology is desired.
- 10+ years of experience as an upstream oil and gas Geologist; exploration and development work required.
- Experience leading projects or staff without supervision.
- Skillful application of common geological / petrophysical software and digital databases used in constructing interpretations.